One In Love Logo

One In Love Logo

Saturday, June 13, 2015

In the Dark

Lessons from my garden.

I have a good sized deck just off my living room and it has 15 or so large pots filled with blooming plants, which are lovely during the day. But at night, I can't see any of that beauty. I began buying solar lights several years ago. Now I have 15-20 and at night my deck is a fairyland. 

Nearly every night I stand at the door and admire the dim but colorful lights. The Holy Spirit inspired me: these solar lights absorb the sunlight during the day and in the dark give back that light. Just so we are to absorb the Son's energy so that during the dark times we may bring comfort and encouragement by reflect back His Light. It takes no effort on your part, just absorb and reflect back.

On my deck there is also a fish sculpture that sits on a pole like a weathervane. Even the slightest breeze will turn it. I thought that I should be as easily moved to go in the direction the Holy Spirit (breath of God) turns me toward.

Bigger font! These old eyes can't see that tiny type!


No comments:

Post a Comment